Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Death of Diets

Two ladies beside me during my lunch break were talking about diets. Not just any diets mind you. Apparently there are programs out there where you inject yourself with daily SHOTS that curb your appetite, and then you eat only 500 calories per day. WHAT? Someone please tell me this is a horrible no good joke. I started to feel light headed at the very thought of this self induced torture. Who in their right mind would give themselves shhhaaa...shhhoo....shots. There I said it. And on top of that who would choose to only eat 500 calories a day?!
 
 
Can somebody explain to me why a person would want to be on a diet like that?
Then again, who wants to ever be on a diet?
I get hungry just thinking the word diet.

My heart feels heavy for people that feel like they have to go to that extreme length to lose weight. I know, I've been there, done that. I was at the point where I was disgusted with myself. I hated puffing after a simple flight of steps. I hated not being able to cross my legs comfortably. I hated feeling my thighs give each other a hug with every step. I hated sitting with my arms crossed over my stomach. I hated having zero self-control when it came to food. I would eat until I was absolutely stuffed at every meal, even if I wasn't hungry. I would feel stupid and guilty for overeating, but did it every time anyway. Dessert? Don't even get me started on it...it's still my weakness. Deep down I was highly embarrassed at how low I had let myself sink, emotionally and physically.

Maybe it's the shots, maybe it's limiting yourself to 500 calories a day, but it seems like you would be even more miserable on a diet like that, rather than just being a little heavier than you would like.
I guess you have to come to realize diets don't work.
You can't take shots and live on 500 calories a day for the rest of your life.
That's the easy, quick fix.
I know I don't know it all, but I do know for sure there isn't anything healthy about that diet.

2 comments:

  1. It's shots of the pregnancy hormone no less! So it tricks your body into sending nutrients to a non-existent fetus. Plus you're only eating 500 calories to begin with? Sick. I hate everything about it. I lost 11 pounds being sick and I am disgusted with myself. Being sick-nasty skinny is not pretty. Curves are beautiful. Always remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I'm so horrified right now! Is that really what it does??? I'm just glad you are better, you'll gain your weight back! :)

    ReplyDelete