Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday.

The very whisper of the word strikes loathing, disdain, and a withering sense of dread into the mind of just about anyone. Why? Maybe it's because Monday sounds like the word mundane. Maybe it's because it's the start of a new work week. Or maybe it's because you didn't do your homework. Whatever the reason I'm sure we can all agree Monday has a lot of haters. 

My marvelous Monday started about by waking up to this:

Let's be honest, what post of mine wouldn't be complete without a adorable picture of Scout?
...and that may or may not be a suitcase that still needs unpacked. Don't even worry about it, because I'm obviously not. haha.  

5 Reasons why I don't hate Monday:

1. I am not a natural organizer or schedule follower (Example: The picture above). It's nice to be on a schedule. As much as I hate schedules sometimes, I know I need them. Hence why Mondays are my friend.

2. I can always remember watching Nick-at-Nite as a kid. You know, Munster Mondays, Lucy Tuesdays, Bewitched Wednesdays, etc etc. Munster Mondays was always my mom and I's favorite. So no matter what the memory of Monday's during my childhood is always good.

3. Mondays always means delicious food at my house. I usually make our biggest meal of the week on Mondays to pack for our lunches throughout the week. Today it's a roast with potatoes and carrots. The leftover options are endless!

4. Date night. What? On a Monday you say? Sadly Evan and I both have an aversion to crowds in general, therefore we have date night on Mondays. I challenge you, go out on a date on Monday, you will not regret it! You might have an entire restaurant or movie theatre to yourselves! Better yet, be able to hear each other when you talk! Not only do you not have to wait in line for anything, they might even be cheaper too. Even grocery shopping late on a Monday night can be considered a date (especially when paired with a DQ Mocha Chip Blizzard...but that's just me). Having a shopping cart race down an aisle with no one watching: priceless. Plus it makes us feel like the weekend was a little longer!

5. Ultimately we decide our attitude towards Monday, Tuesday, or whatever day we deem "bad." Last week for me = rough. But Monday let me start fresh. Today I wipe the slate clean and deem this Monday AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment