Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

What Makes Friendship Beautiful

Ok, so for the next 3 days of my life I'll be traveling. 2 days by car to Pennsylvania, and then 1 day by plane to South Carolina (vom). As exhausting as it might be, I'm so excited to get home and see everyone for a little bit. I feel like I'm so behind on blogging all of the fun things I did last week! 

Last week Krysti and Whitacre (her dog son, who is also Scout's long lost twin brother) came to visit! It was a little spur of the moment, but that's typical Meredith & Krysti. I can't begin to say how much fun it was to just hang out for more than 48 hours. I didn't feel like we had to talk all night long to catch up! We ended up cooking lots of yummy food, being completely dog obsessed, and taking tons of pictures. That equals a successful weekend in my book. It probably seem like a boring week for most people, but Krysti and I haven't had a weekend to just hang out like old times in...well...forever. Weekend visits to Asbury just doesn't cut it. Only with your best friend can you go to work during the day, come home to a cleaned, swept house and be completely OK that your guest did it. 

 I told you they were long lost brothers!
Is it bad if I gush over dogs more than babies? They are so cute!
 We made Non's Chicken Pot Pie soup! This soup has become our "signature" meal together. We make it every chance we get. Now that we don't have to work in the cruddy basement of Glide Crawford dorm, over a sketchy stove that might explode at any minute, it tastes even better. 
We drank these babies...sometimes it really is a great thing to not be at Asbury! If you haven't tried Smirnoff Cherry Lime, you need too! I'm pretty positive they will be my new evening summer beverage!
Good booze, good food and great friends can't compare!

 I am so blessed to have such a good friend in my life. Now that Scout and Whitacre are besties, our circle of best friend love is complete. I wish we could always live right next door to each other. The beautiful thing is, when we are together its like we were never apart. I think that is one of the most comforting things to have in a friendship. We managed to squeeze in frozen yogurt, puppy chow mix, local donuts...so we like our sweets...along with shopping, movies, dog washing, and pranking a kid who left his bike in my yard. I guess we haven't changed that much, haha! We did go thrifting, and found so many cool things! Come back tomorrow to see what we found for Thrifty Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment